Do you know that kind of people who always seem happy? They have smile on their face every time your eyes meet. They see silver lining in any situation and believe that people are inherently good ( well they try)
I consider myself to be one of those people. Smile make me happier and feeling happy make me smile.
So it’s a win -win.
I want you to become happy NOW ..by opening your mind and your heart to everything and everyone with no fear of looking silly or be misunderstood.
But what is ‘to be happy’ ? Generally speaking, from life experience and my own perception of happiness
HAPPY PEOPLE DO:
- Believe they can be happy
- They are spontaneous.
- Change up their routine – it can often lead to monotony and boredom, whereas variety and novelty can lead to greater happiness.
- Accept that change is imminent and one of the only certainties in life.
- Eat well.
- Take responsibilities.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. They pause and reflect.
- Spend time in “real life”. Offline is a new luxury.
- Accept that bad things happen. Dark times will affect us as long as we allow it. Learn the lesson and move the hell on ( pardon my French)
- Know that good things will also happen. Savour them.
- Know happiness isn’t based on social status, a job, wealth or even health.
- Do things for themselves, not just for others.
- Don’t sit back and wait for happiness to happen.
- Get up go and fetch it yourself!
- Are Grateful.
- They Generous.
- Generous with kindness, nice words, compliments with others. Inc strangers.
- Laugh.Even at themselves.
- Don’t worry about what other people think. They’re confident enough.
- Believe in themselves.
- Know what happiness is not. (you should read at least 1 book about Buddhism in your life.)
- Spend time with family and friends whenever possible.
- Are as optimistic as possible.
- Have a “beginner’s mind,” they don’t lose sight of the wonder of life, no afraid to show excitement.
- Live in the present, not dwelling on the past.
- Don’t compare themselves to others, and they accept that they are unique.
- Invest in relationships, even when times are tough- help their loved ones through rough patches and support them when things are going well.
- Patience is their mantra.
- Tell others how they feel and are not afraid to express their emotions.
Happy people NOT PERFECT, they still get mad, cry and employ sarcasm. They don’t follow all of these habits above every day but they have a different mindset.