If you get tired, learn to REST not to Quit
Adho Mukha Virasana (aka Child’s Pose) is a beautiful, resting posture that invites us to turn inward in a reflective, quiet way and is an excellent “antidote” to the hectic pace of life.
Apart from being an iconic resting pose during your yoga practice, childs pose has many therapeutic benefits and can be practiced anywhere and anytime, on and off the mat. Whenever you feel stressed, fatigued or restless take 5-10 min to make you feel centred, grounded and balanced.
Benefits of Child’s Pose:
- Releases tension in the back, shoulders and chest
- Recommended if you have dizziness or fatigue
- Helps alleviate stress and anxiety
- Flexes the body’s internal organs and keeps them supple
- It lengthens and stretches the spine
- Relieves neck and lower back pain when performed with the head and torso supported
- It gently stretches the hips, thighs and ankles
- Normalises circulation throughout the body
- It stretches muscles, tendons and ligaments in the knee
- Calms the mind and body
- Encourages strong and steady breathing