Who would not want to reap the benefits of this amazing superfood?
- Quinoa Contains Bio-active Substances Called Quercetin and Kaempferol.
In fact, the quercetin content of quinoa is even higher than typical highquercetin foods like cranberries with anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-cancer and anti-depressant effects.
- It is Very High in Fibre… Much Higher Than Most Grains
- There are numerous studies showing that soluble fibre can help reduce blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, increase fullness and help with weight loss.
- Quinoa is Gluten Free and Perfect For People With Gluten Intolerance.
By using quinoa instead of typical gluten-free ingredients like refined tapioca, potato, corn and rice flour, it can dramatically increase the nutrient and antioxidant value of the diet.
- Quinoa is Very High in Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids That we need.
- Quinoa Has a Low Glycemic Index.
Quinoa has a glycemic index of 53, which is considered low. However… it’s important to keep in mind that quinoa is still pretty high in carbs, so it is not a good choice for a low carb diet.
- It is High in Minerals That Most People Don’t Get Enough of, Especially Magnesium( for woman). However, by soaking and/or sprouting the quinoa before cooking it, you can
reduce the phytic acid content and make these minerals more bio-available.
- Quinoa May Have Some Major Benefits For Metabolic Health.
The human study found that using quinoa instead of typical gluten-free breads and pastas significantly reduced blood sugar, insulin and triglyceride levels.
- Quinoa Is Weight Loss Friendly Food.
Quinoa is high in fibre, protein and has a low glycemic index. These properties have all been linked to weight loss and improved health.
Eat yourself healthy!