Yoga isn’t a “one-size-fits-all” practice even though it’s accessible to everyone.
Using a strategically placed props can open your body, increasing range of motion, flexibility, and strength.
Sometimes one muscle group becomes dominant as a result of overwork, which leaves other areas weak and underdeveloped. Using support doesn’t mean collapsing into it. On the contrary, using the props should make your pose Better!
So in a nutshell, here’s what well used props can:
- Help you learn about your body alignment.
- Take away unnecessary body and mind struggle
- Make a pose more accessible and better!
- Prevent injuries and help old injuries to heal.
- Create space in the spine
- Teach you to release tension when hold the pose for longer
- Bring the balance between weak and flexible areas.
And Last not least – don’t over prop yourself, after all yoga props meant to make your pose better not easy, yogis.